Wednesday, April 03, 2019

You can walk, or you can run.

Last week I posted something on my other blog how Nineteen Eighty-Six is not the worst year in popular music, and you should read that.

I would have dedicated today's playlist to the "Hot Side" of the Wham" sawn song Music From the Edge of Heaven, but after the (nearly) eponymous title track "Edge of Heaven" and the quirky "Battlestations" we are left with some truly horrid and warmed over remixes of "I'm Your Man" and "Wham Rap '86."

The stuttering repeat thing was big in 1985/86, and really, really awful. Practically destroyed Annie Lennox for me.

Ensemble Theatre presents the World Premiere of "The Way I Danced With You," through April 7, 2019.

Distance: 3 miles
Route: Rec Center
Mood: better
Exercises: no

Three miles, one brief stop for water. No walking. I am gaining strength and stamina. This is working.

1986 Playlist
American Soviets - C.C.C.P.
Brand New Lover - Dead Or Alive
Dear God - XTC
Graceland - Paul Simon
State of the Nation - New Order
Dreamworld - Midnight Oil

Cooldown:
Wild Wild Life (Extened Mix) - Talking Heads

The eating is a problem. Going to the fucking grocery store is a problem. Yes! We will not get a family size bag of Doritos, but we do need crackers, so I will get these Cheez-Its! Seriously? Cheez-Its are not crackers and should not be in the cracker aisle but should be placed next to the chips and ice cream and deep fried Oreos.

I ate half a box before getting home. This is what happens when I visit the new Dave's on Chester.

Baseline: 179.5 lbs.
Today: 182.5 lbs. (+1.0)
Goal: 175 lbs.

Goddammit.

Visit my Team Challenge Crohn's & Colitis page and support my bid for the Chicago Marathon!

No comments: