Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Put your skills on show.

James Rankin is Pengo
Yesterday was to be first day of training. I woke at 2 AM feeling headachy and sick to my stomach, and hardly got back to sleep the rest of the night. Also, I was fretting about the first day of summer theater camp. I felt worse and worse, but I had to go in. There were too many responsibilities I was the point person for, and I had promised to drive a camper from the Heights to Berea for the camp. I had to go, I couldn't call in sick.

What was strange was that I never felt like this, a hangover, a migraine, these things give me a debilitating headache which makes me feel ill. The headache subsided, but I still felt ill. Driving across town, I thought I would vomit, or shit myself. Neither of these things happened.

I got to camp, Shaun found a place in the dark for me to lie down, I rested for a half hour just before camp started ... and I felt fine. What was that? What happened to me? Was that food poisoning? Maybe it was. No idea. Thought I might run in the afternoon, to get that in. But we had scheduled a reading of (ironically enough) And Then You Die.

Better rest. Start fresh on Tuesday. After reading a play about training, it felt appropriate to do this right.

Distance: 3 miles
Duration: 26:49
Pace: 8:56
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 52°
Climate: bright & cool
Mood: good

Twice around the pond, without going to the woods, and back is exactly three miles to my front door. Less chance of encountering a coyote, but I was menaced by two mother geese.

Simple run, easy breezy. It took twenty minutes to get out of the house. Even a thirty minute run takes fifty minutes, not counting making these notes.

2009 Playlist
Dance Wiv Me - Dizzee Rascal ft. Calvin Harris
Surprise Hotel - Fool's Gold
A New Error - Moderat
Jai Ho! (You Are My Destiny) - A.R. Rahman & The Pussycat Dolls
Hi Friend! - Deadmau5 ft. MC Flipside
Fireflies - Owl City

Oof. That cheesy rip-off song. I'd delete it but it reminds me of my small kids. Seriously, that's what love does to a person, it makes them listen to shitty music.

Baseline: 179.5 lbs.
Today: 169.5 lbs. (-0.5)
Goal: 165 lbs.

No comments: