Sunday, June 30, 2019

On Rails

This asshole.
King Lear closes today, a three hour show that goes down at 11:00 PM has been trying for me, exhausting in and of itself and also robbing me of sleep. Marathon training and hot nights make for short hours, and catching naps has become a necessary evil.

Just yesterday I had two half-hour naps during the day. Not sure if hot sleeping is restorative, anyway, I should sleep in a cool bath.

Week Three Total: 19.15 miles
Training To Date: 56.9 miles

Podrunner: On Rails (161 bpm)

Distance: 5.15 miles
Duration: 45:40
Pace: 8:51
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 67°→70°
Climate: sunny & bright
Mood: very anxious
Stretches: yes
Water: yes
Snack: banana

Anxious morning, the cat had gotten out. I mean, sometimes he doesn't come down for breakfast, but it's odd. I didn't want to wake everyone with the news, maybe he was sleeping somewhere and would show up, but after I got back from my run with Chris, not only was he gone but I found how he had escaped, a small hole in the screen on the porch was much more cat-sized and had some orange hairs caught in it.

Anyway, just as I was about to post a MISSING CAT notice on our neighborhood page, he came crying to the side door, and trotted right in when we opened it.

So, today I'm fixing screens.

Baseline: 179.5 lbs.
Today: 165 lbs. (-1.5)
Goal: 165 lbs. Achievement Unlocked

Here is the fact. This time last year I had worked myself down to 163 lbs., having started at 178 lbs. at the beginning of 2018, just like this year. That was not only as light as I would become, I almost immediately began putting the weight right back on.

I mean, of course I did. We visited North Carolina, a few weeks after that, Maine. Vacation, relaxation, easy calories. We are not in North Carolina now, but there will be plentiful opportunities for bingeing unhealthy foods (there always are) and I must be careful of those.

Training for a marathon always helps. But keeping a reasonable diet is a constant challenge.

No comments: