Tuesday, June 04, 2019

See, I've got heart like John Starks.

Tori Amos always reminds me of my ex-wife, and that's just fine.

Distance: 3.75 miles
Duration: 33:02
Pace: 8:48
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 70°
Climate: overcast & humid
Mood: good
Stretches: yes
Bandage: no

TRUE STORY! If left untreated, Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis (UC) can lead to some life-threatening complications.

My brother has lived with UC his entire life ... and though it's only incidental to his story, when I was two I ate all of his medication and had to have my stomach pumped. Not actually relevant, but I wanted to tell the tale.

But! Crohn's disease also increases a patient's risk of developing colorectal cancer. Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) is the third highest risk factor for colorectal cancer cases.

I'm taking the month of June to remind you of this TEAM CHALLENGE campaign, and reach my goal of $2,000, to find a cure for Crohn's and other IBDs? Will you kick in something today? Hit the TEAM CHALLENGE button at top right (or this link!) Many thanks!

Source: http://mentalfloss.com/article/582241/crohns-disease-facts

1994 Playlist
God - Tori Amos
Realm - Lestat
Funk Dat - Sagat
Khang Tone - Stereolab
Snail Shell - They Might Be Giants
Get It Together - Beastie Boys ft. Q-Tip
The Man Who Sold The World - Nirvana
Moon Sammy - Soul Coughing
Night In My Veins - The Pretenders

That's some Maximum 90s!


Beautiful night in the park, took the extra loop. Think I spotted my daughter and some friends existing as teen phenomena at the top of the hill overlooking the City.

No complaints in my legs or lungs. Doing all right, getting stronger, no need to walk at all. The girl runs around 8:07 at soccer practice these days but there we go. I've been passed.

Baseline: 179.5 lbs.
Today: 172 lbs. (+1.0)
Goal: 170 lbs.

Okay, fellah. Take it easy now.

No comments: