Sunday, September 15, 2019

There's a message to your movements.

Photo image by Michael Weil
Wow, I totally did not feel like running this morning. Certainly not fourteen (scheduled) miles. We had a nice day yesterday; with in-laws in town, our daughter had a soccer match, my son played a gig at McCarthy's Downtown and then we had birthday dinner for my wife at Toast.

Lots of food, lots of alcohol, lots of talk, beautiful weather on the "patio" and not a bad bedtime hour. It was a fine family day.

This morning I just wanted to lie about and read and write and chat before my MIL, SIL and nephew returned to Athens. But running must continue so I just headed out, not knowing where I was going.

Distance: 9 miles
Duration: 1:19:00
Pace: 8:45
Route: Forest Hill to Lakeview Cemetery and back.
Temperature: 68°
Climate: overcast w/brief, light rain
Mood: improving
Stretches: not really
Water: can't remember, so I'll say no

Photo image by Michael Weil
Before I knew it, I was keeping a nice pace through the woods, enjoying the "classic punk" playlist I had chosen, and headed to the cemetery.

Across from Wade Lagoon they have posted images from photographer Michael Weil's recent project, Moonlight in the Gates: 150 Years of Lake View Cemetery in a New Reflective Light for which he spent a year of full moons skulking the cemetery and taking unique images of the park after dark.

For anyone paying attention, this is a book I would like to own.

Baseline: 179.5 lbs.
Today: 165 lbs. (-2.5)
Goal: 160 lbs.

What's That Lyric?
Gut Feeling - Devo

Week Fourteen Total: 21.25 miles
Total To Date: 325.5 miles

No comments: