Sunday, September 29, 2019

They think that you'll be running.

Long days, busy nights. Saw three plays this weekend, going out of town the next two weekends ... it's all just crazy. Oh, also created a second draft of my new play.

Felt a slight pain in my calf yesterday. I have not been good about stretches. I'm practically begging to mess this up.

Planning to run twelve miles tonight, at the same time as Erie Effusion. Posted this on DJBG's Facebook page:
"Taking it on the run tonight (literally.) Upbeat and extended remixes will be deeply appreciated!"
I hope she takes that to heart, and also that it doesn't rain.

Distance: 12 miles
Duration: 1:48:21
Pace: 9:01
Route: All over. It was crazy.
Temperature: 66°
Climate: overcast & humid
Mood: all right
Stretches: better believe it
Water: yes, but parched on the road

Running at dusk invokes a kind of madness. First of all, heading out in the early evening, before sunset. it ran through a cloud of crepuscular gnats -- a deep cloud of gnats. They got in my mouth, stuck to my lips, were embedded onto my shirt.

As the sun went down, I wasn't sure where to head. The cemetery was closed for the evening, so I just headed towards Cedar Road, and unfamiliar trail. As I was listening to the radio through my iPod, I wasn't getting updates through my earbuds. I checked my phone at a stop sign and was surprised to discover I had already gone eight and a half miles

That was actually my 8:50 pace I was looking at. I put in what I believed was maybe three more miles was headed for home before I checked again and saw I had only gone seven and a half miles.

So I took a turn, back to the park, which I ran through using my phone as a flashlight. It was madness. One earbud out, listening to the woods, only slightly better than blind, listening to that show Dad likes to listen to on Sundays.

Disappointingly, I didn't get the request I made before leaving played. I assume it was a malfunction of the request system, DJBG likes to remind people she only has three listeners. But the show as upbeat!

Anyway, crazy, mad, blind, twelve miles run. Time to start the week.

Baseline: 179.5 lbs.
Today: 166 lbs. (-0.5)
Goal: 160 lbs.

No comments: