Thursday, May 07, 2020

I know that I'll get through this.

893 Songs That Bring Us TogetherI only sleep with the help of Benadryl. And when I do use it, I can barely wake up. And last night it didn't even work, I was awake in the night because I my hands fell asleep. I worried about that for hours almost falling asleep, and then waking up to wake up my hands.

I thought diabetes? Hypertension? This morning I realized it's probably carpal tunnel.

The other night I had a dream I was running, but I looked down at my feet and they weren't moving. Or just taking little bunny hops.

This is hard.

Distance: 3.65 miles
Duration: 35:36
Pace: 9:45
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 70°
Climate: breezy & bright
Mood: all right
Weight: 191 lbs. (-3.0)

I have been having a lot of dreams about running. Several of them, anyway. That is unusual. It means I miss running. Today was good, a bit on the windy side. Only had to walk once, but it felt better than it has done.

Listening to the Current today. It's member drive time, so they usually have an amazing "listener selected" playlist. This year's theme, 893 Songs That Bring Us Together. You be the judge.

581. Rock and Roll - The Velvet Underground
580. Jackson - Johnny Cash & June Carter Cash
579. Courage (for Hugh MacLennan) - The Tragically Hip
578. Feels Like We Only Go Backwards - Tame Impala
577. Flash Light - Parliament
576. May I Have This Dance - Francis & The Lights ft. Chance the Rapper
575. Believe - Cher
574. Cold Beverage - G. Love & Special Sauce

Then you finish, winded, on a bright sunny day, and that song comes on that reminds you of when you were nineteen and you were young and you didn't know what it meant to be in a difficult situation, and you take another lap around the block.

573. Under the Milky Way - The Church
Distance: 0.4 miles

No comments: