Saturday, May 02, 2020

Don't know just how far that I can go.

Better run today. Not so much huffing and puffing. No walking, ran straight through. Ran slower when I was feeling winded. I am not in good shape.

John Parr: St. Elmo's Fire (Man in Motion) (1985)Distance: 3.75 miles
Duration: 36:54
Pace: 9:50
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 70°
Climate: overcast & warm
Mood: decent
Weight: 194 lbs.

Since the marathon I have gained over twenty-five pounds. Since the middle of October, I have gained twenty-five pounds. In the past five and a half months, I have gained twenty-five pounds.

A lot this was before quarantine, when mom was ill, during the holidays, after the funeral. And even more in the past six weeks.

Lying in bed, in the morning, when I can't sleep any more, I feel these brief flashes, where it is as though I have stopped. Like, all still. It's not painful. It is not disorienting, as with coming off Lexapro.

What is it? I can't even properly describe what it is. It is not unpleasant. But I am also not sure it is right.

Hypertension. High blood pressure. Bad cholesterol. I need to eat better, and exercise properly. I do like running, maybe I should do that every day.

What's That Lyric?
St. Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion) - John Parr

No comments: