Sunday, August 13, 2023

I'm so happy with my feet on the ground.

Driving across the state last night was dreadful. Yes, we now have the technology to let us know that there is a TORNADO WARNING while we are in our cars on the open road ... but what then? Pull over? With no safe cover available? Might as well keep driving.

Distance: 4 miles
Duration: 36:20
Pace: 9:05
Route: Hocking River Bike Path
Temperature: 82°
Climate: sunny & hot
Mood: good

It was cool and beautiful when I rose this morning, but held out to see if anyone wanted to join me. Not today. So I took a hot noontime run -- which is fine with me.

I live in the past. I live in the present and the future, too. I'm like a god, or isn't it nice to think so.

College Run Playlist
Buddy (Native Tongue Decision) - De La Soul ft. Tribe Called Quest, Jungle Brothers, Monie Love, Queen Latifah
Mirror People - Love & Rockets
Bizarre Love Triangle - New Order
She Drives Me Crazy - Fine Young Cannibals
The Gas Face - 3rd Bass ft. Zev Love
Earn Enough For Us - XTC
Roadrunner - Joan Jett & the Blackhearts
Drifting, Falling - The Ocean Blue
Pump It Up (Lean On Me Reprise) - Club Nouveau
Birth, School, Work, Death - The Godfathers
 
Stretches: yes
Sit-Ups: 20
Planks: 90 sec. 
Water: yes

Breakfast: coffee w/cream, Swedish fish
Lunch: Reuben, fries, OJ, coffee
Happy Hour: Pepsi
Dinner: spaghetti & sausage meatballs, salad
Dessert: peach cobbler & ice cream 
Alcohol? GLBC Dortmunder

Reading (30 min.): yes (Bechdel, A.)

No comments: