Sunday, February 18, 2018

I'm not as strong as I used to be.

Artwork: The Everlasting Ash
There is a side-effect to coming off of certain antidepressants which are commonly referred to as "brain zaps." They even have a fancy name, antidepressant discontinuation syndrome which leaves one with the impression they have no idea why it happens or what to do about it.

"This is the thing that happens when you discontinue antidepressants." Couldn't you at least put it in Latin?

Weaning myself from Lexapro I developed this syndrome, which can best be described as a moment of disorientation followed by a buzzing which feels like an electric shock only without the pain. But it is very unpleasant. My last recorded incident was six years ago.

Until yesterday. Yesterday afternoon I had them, a lot. They were pronounced as I had afternoon sleepiness, took a nap (they happened a lot during my brief nap) and as we prepared to go out for the evening.

They were not an issue all evening, or at bedtime. But when I was woken in the middle of the night they hit me again and again and again, making it hard to go to sleep. They they have not bothered me all morning.

What's going on?

1975 Playlist
Mama Mia! - ABBA
Sweet Transvestite - Tim Curry & Company
Young Americans - David Bowie
Life Is A Ministrone - 10cc
Say You Love Me - Fleetwood Mac
Ease On Down the Road - Stephanie Mills & Company
I Love Music (Pt. 1) - The O'Jays
Slow Ride - Foghat
Death On Two Legs (Dedicated To ...) - Queen

Dedicated to, indeed.

Distance: 3.75 miles
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 38•
Climate: sunny and cool
Pavement: clear & damp
Mood: unresigned

Stretches: yes

Baseline: 178 lbs.
Today: 173.5 lbs. (-1.0)
Goal: 170 lbs.

Went out with friends for a glamorous CLE evening at Adega at the 9. Managed not to drink too much, not to eat too much, and not to stay out too late. Adega was nice. The Vault is stupid.

No comments: