Saturday, February 10, 2018

Scenery freeze.

Spot the Vice President.
Missed exercise yesterday, too many other responsibilities. And one day off I think, I'll never get this back. Today was jam-packed with errands, but with a little from our friends, I had just enough time to get this run in.

Heading out, I thought there's no way. But I just kept going. I even took a hill. Just kept it close to home, always a right turn away. And yet I kept pressing on, in spite of the slush and the hail.

Maybe it's the Olympics. Maybe it was this playlist. Thanks again, boy.

2001 Playlist
19-2000 (Soulchild Remix) - Gorillaz
Tanto Tempo (Peter Kruder Mix) - Bebel Gilberto
Bird Watching At Inner Forest - Cornelius
Superheroes - Daft Punk
Hella Good - No Doubt
By Your Side (Ben Watt Remix) - Sade
Get the Party Started - Pink

Distance: 3.15 miles
Route: Neighborhood Loop
Temperature: 27°
Climate: light rain and hail
Pavement: crusty with snow, slippery with ice
Mood: driven

Stretches: yes

Baseline: 178 lbs.
Today: 174 lbs. (-0.5)
Goal: 170 lbs.

I would like to celebrate the fact that I have lost six pounds since the beginning of the year. But I am reminded that I was 174 pounds at the start of last year. I made it to 163 pounds and began to gain again. This is, as they say, a marathon, not a sprint.

No comments: