Wednesday, February 14, 2018

I am raw material.

There always comes a day, and it's usually in the middle of February, where I'm just tired of running in freezing temps. Just don't wanna.

2015 Playlist
Wait For It - Leslie Odom Jr.
Angels - Chance the Rapper ft. Saba
Know Now - Public Image Ltd.
The Party Line - Belle & Sebastian
Run - San Cisco
A New Wave - Sleater-Kinney
Water - Ra Ra Riot
Snakeskin - Deerhunter
S.O.B.- Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats

It can be demoralizing. There is a lot going on, and narrow windows in which to exercise. The week is supposed to be above freezing, I hope I can get back to business.

Distance: 3.25 miles
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 43°
Climate: cool & misty
Pavement: wet w/slush and puddles
Mood: determined

Last Saturday night was a bit decadent. as there was a birthday party in the house. I asked the boy to serve me one scoop of ice cream, which he festooned with caramel sauce, whipped cream and mini-chocolate bits. But I only had two slices of pizza that night.

Sunday, however, was hard. Too many snacks, available for the taking. Doritos, potato chips, cheese balls. Grazing more or less all day. Self-control is hard when it's all right there.

Stretches: yes

So I waited until today. I waited until after dark. After work, after I had made dinner -- after I had put dinner in the warming drawer. Because that was when the running was meant to happen.

Baseline: 178 lbs.
Today: 174 lbs. (-0-)
Goal: 170 lbs.

No comments: