Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Run instead of walking.

Decadent nights. A late birthday party. The end-of-year affair for the residency program. I have consumed more calories in the past two nights than the past two weeks. I exaggerate. But not by much.

I spent five hours cleaning the house today. And it remains clean! God, I remember back in the day, when we would clean the house ... and then after the party there would be beer all over the floor, and cigarette smoke in the air and all of the fabric of the house. Today was so nice, most of the party took place outdoors.

Even the outdoors is nice. Things work out well. We are good.

Distance: 3.20 miles
Duration: 29:30
Pace: 9:12
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 71°
Climate: sunny & HUMID
Mood: weary
Stretches: yes
Bandage: yes

Farewell, Nike Flight headphones, we shall never meet again. This discontinued headphone got me through the NYC Marathon and so much training since, but seriously. I got these secondhand online and they worked fine, until today. Always the wires next to the input. The shortest lived phones I have ever owned. So, suck it.

Can anyone recommend decently priced Bluetooth phones? It's time.

1970 Playlist
Your Song - Elton John
I Think I Love You - The Partridge Family
Cecilia - Simon & Garfunkel

I was unaware of Your Song, until a girl wrote the lyrics to give to me. To me. It is my song.

Anyway, the phones went out and I tried running to the sound of my own breathing but it was a little difficult to take. Very humid today, very bright. Then I remembered I was holding an actual phone.

The Current
Tumult Around the World - Titus Andronicus
Ophelia - The Lumineers
Boozophilia - Low Cut Connie

That's right. Turn on the radio, and I get two Shakespeare references.

Baseline: 179.5 lbs.
Today: 172.5 lbs. (+0.5)
Goal: 170 lbs.

No comments: