Saturday, May 04, 2019

My socks and underwear I like to keep them clean.

This is my leg.
And we're back.

Distance: 4.38 miles
Duration: 42:21
Pace: 9:39
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 44°
Climate: misty, foggy & cool
Mood: not bad, considering
Stretches: yes
Bandage: yes

Met up with Chris at the park. Chose to run out, no idea what would happen if my leg seized upon my way out. Short story, it didn't. First made sure to do gentle stretches, and to wrap. Stopped after a block to re-wrap, as it was far too tight. It didn't hurt, it was uncomfortable and felt like it would lead to a poor stride.

Took it easy, Chris was (unintentionally) compelling me to go faster than I otherwise would have. I did my best to notice and communicate this. Two blocks from home I began to feel something and chose to walk the rest of the way.

Now, I will elevate and ice and rest before cleaning up. It's been a long week.

Baseline: 179.5 lbs.
Today: 177.5 lbs. (-1.5)
Goal: 175 lbs.

As I have not been exercising, not even to do upper body work (no time! no time!) I have been very careful about not overeating ... until last night. The wife and I got to spend one-on-one time for the first time in a week. Rehearsals for King Lear started on Sunday, and have taken up my evenings since.

It was also the first time I have had alcohol since last Saturday, which doesn't feel odd, but it's odd to think.

2015 Playlist
The Shade - Metric
Water * - Ra Ra Riot
Disappointing - John Grant ft. Tracey Thorn
Restless - New Order
The Ground Walks, with Time in a Box - Modest Mouse

Cooldown:
Complexity - Eagles of Death Metal

No comments: