Sunday, May 26, 2019

The phones are tight and the music's playing loud.

Home much housework can I get done before two pm? I was going to sleep until seven, but a cat started to vomit on my wife's desk around six-thirty so I had to spring into action and get him off of there before he launched. So I have been picking up a little while I wake. Simple breakfast, crossword, watched an episode of The Umbrella Academy while I folded laundry, only got halfway through.

This is what I do when the family i out of town. I do housework, and then I write about it.

Distance: 3 miles
Duration: 27:00
Pace: 9:00
Route: Neighborhood Loop

Can't figure out why my left toe is hurting. Does this have anything to do with the bend in the joints? I have (more or less) successfully kept from developing a bunion for thirteen years. Keeping my toe straight, running with intention. But this is a pain which make me feel like I have been putting too much stress inward, landing on the inside of my foot.

Or maybe it's just irritation from a callous building up from all the running. I will continue to monitor.

Temperature: 70°
Climate: rain!
Mood: all right
Stretches: a little
Bandage: forgot

Decided to stay close to home, as it was threatening to rain. And then it did - a little. A pleasant rain. Makes a difference when I am wearing a cap with a bill rather than being caught in a downpour in a bandanna. Hardly noticed it. Hardly brought the temperature down, I am a sweaty boy.

I think it's just the shoes, and the way I run in it. I don't really like these shoes, I should get a new pair.

1980 Playlist
The Wanderer - Donna Summer
Over You - Roxy Music
Ceremony (demo) - New Order
Go For It - Graham Gouldman
Skateaway - Dire Straits
Transmission - Joy Division
Another Nail In My Heart - Squeeze

It's so cute listening to Bernard Sumner pretend like he can sing.

Baseline: 179.5 lbs.
Today: 172 lbs. (+1.0)
Goal: 170 lbs.

No comments: