Saturday, September 21, 2019

Remembering you running soft through the night.

This came in the mail yesterday.
This sucks. Not running for four days, I have a marathon in less than a month and I have that fatigue in my right thigh I get that reminds me I am not running.

We're all exhausted, which provides a neat excuse for members of the family to stop assisting with housework, only when I neglect housework, everyone notices.

Rehearsal period is always a challenge, in the old days I would get up at four o'clock just to run, today I just can't. Straight to work in the morning, straight to bed in the evening, and far too late in the evening, especially when emotions are high which they often are, and always at bedtime. All too predictable, inevitable, and apparently unavoidable.

The good news is I am writing mornings again. That's right, Writing. Why not run instead? Because fuck you, that's why.

Distance: 5.75 miles
Duration: 51:19
Pace: 8:55
Route: Forest Hill-Cain Park Loop
Temperature: 76°
Climate: sunny & bright
Mood: not good
Stretches: yes
Water: yes

Yes, I dyed my hair black, briefly, when I was a sophomore in college. And yet, that was a bright and sunny time. I was a strutting dick doing little work and playing all the time. It was the following summer that my heart went dark and the Goth-pop music I had been fiddling with started to really be a hook in my soul.

Hot summer, sun bigger and brighter and whiter than snow. But those short nights were a torment.

Today I chose the Dark & Gothic playlist. What a reminder. What a gas.

Baseline: 179.5 lbs.
Today: 166 lbs. (+1.0)
Goal: 160 lbs.

What's That Lyric?
Pictures of You - The Cure

No comments: