Wednesday, September 25, 2019

You run from me.

Warning: Gross.

Okay, look. I'm just not doing the work for this marathon anymore and it is really getting to me. Just Monday night (long day, no time to run) I was tending to my wounded feet. In spite of my best efforts, nails had cut into nails and I was trying to trim them and clear up some of the callouses.

The nail on my middle toe on my right foot was bruised, and I was attempting to trim that back, when it went SQUISH. The nail started emitting fluid and then blood. It had separated from the nail bed. I have lost a toe nail two weeks before the big race.

Distance: 5.75 miles
Duration: 48:52
Pace: 8:29
Route: Forest Hill-Cain Park Loop
Temperature: 70°
Climate: gorgeous
Mood: not bad
Stretches: no
Water: no

And yet, we run. I messaged Marc Blandin, Team Challenge Coach, immediately after it happened with a very simple question, what do I do about this? You can see his response at right, basically don't freak out, it will be fine. And don't we all need advice like that?

Thanks, Marc!

Baseline: 179.5 lbs.
Today: 165.5 lbs. (-0.5)
Goal: 160 lbs.

What's That Lyric?
Oh Baby * - LCD Soundsystem

No comments: