Friday, September 06, 2019

I'll run the gun for you (and so much more.)

Today I have run as many times as I had last year (two of my posts this year were about recovery.) Every additional run until December 31st is a bonus.

Yet. My training schedule is not perfect. I continue to run, but not as often nor as hard as the schedule dictates. Should have run nine miles yesterday, but when I got into bed on Wednesday night my head was spinning. I don't know what that was about.

I may know what that was about. The truth is, I have been eating garbage for days. In the rehearsal hall we have large bags of candy and chips and I will spend several hours abstaining, but the moment I have a little snack it's off to the fucking races.

Seriously, I have no idea how much processed sugar I have eaten in the past week, but my tongue has been damaged by it. Yesterday I had terrible indigestion. I have to get my shit together or this is going to be a miserable race.

When I go out this morning, the plan is to run for one hour. Because they need me back at home by 6:30 am. I have no idea which direction I am headed.

Before I go, I remind my self of one thing. I really like running.

Distance: 6.5 miles
Duration: 59:18
Pace: 8:56
Route: Heights High-Monticello Middle Loop
Temperature: 55°
Climate: cool & clear
Mood: all right
Stretches: yes
Water: yes

Good run, back in time for the house to wake. Long sleeves today, which was fine. Steady run, not too fast but a good pace.

What's That Lyric?
I'll Tumble 4 Ya - Culture Club

Baseline: 179.5 lbs.
Today: 163.5* lbs. (-4.5)
Goal: 160 lbs.

*This cannot be accurate.

No comments: