Sunday, September 01, 2019

You glorify the past when the future dries up.

First week of rehearsal is always a busy week, and the days are even more full with activate, teenage children. Cross-training and short runs fall by the wayside in favor of weekend rehearsal, orchestra parent meetings, and the desire to be present as children and spouse prepares for a day in school.

Meantime I have my own business, writing or preparing applications. We enter September, move into fall. And travel to Athens. My business has kept me from here since Christmas, I think. Memorial Day I had Lear rehearsal, my wife and son came to town to see my nephew (now three and a half months old) while the girl and I were in New York.

But we are here. A cool morning, after the rains. And it's another long one. On the drive down I said I had to run twelve miles today and my wife said she just can't comprehend that. Running that far, it's simply an impossible thing she could never physically accomplish.

Maybe not, but there's a first time for everything.

Distance: 12 miles
Duration: 1:47:41
Pace: 8:58
Route: Hocking River Bike Path
Temperature: 70°
Climate: overcast & cool
Mood: all right
Stretches: yes
Water stops: plenty
Snack: banana

Good day on the bike path, feeling strong. Not winded, not sore, not slow. Weather was perfect, and there were several water fountains along the way. Got to use a bathroom. So it was relaxed, not arduous, no worries. Listened to a playlist of songs from my college days. I have tried, throughout the years, to keep up with popular music. I haven't turned against it, but I have found nostalgia to be soothing. I mean, right?

O.U. Playlist (1986-1990)
God Part II - U2
La Bamba * - Los Lobos
Girlfriend In a Coma - The Smiths
Waiting For the Great Leap Forward - Billy Bragg
Rhymin' On the Funk - Digital Underground
Christopher Tracy's Parade - Prince
Channel Z - The B-52's
Wild Thing - Tone-Loc
Globe of Frogs - Robyn Hitchcock & the Egyptians
I Hope You're Happy Now - Elvis Costello & the Attractions
Domino * - Genesis
Something to Save - George Michael
The Cactus - 3rd Bass
Kiss (Aon Mix) - The Art of Noise ft. Tom Jones
Don't Disturb the Groove - The System
Driving - Everything But the Girl
Merely a Man - XTC
World In My Eyes - Depeche Mode
Route 66 - Depeche Mode
Elephants & Flowers - Prince
Free Fallin' * - Tom Petty
Summer of Love - The B-52's
Blood & Roses - The Smithereens
Twisting - They Might Be Giants
Things That Make You Go Hmmmm ... - C+C Music Factory
The Sensual World - Kate Bush
Buffalo Stance - Neneh Cherry

Week Twelve Total: 23.5 miles
Total To Date: 271.75 miles

No comments: