Tuesday, July 27, 2021

From my throat to my pounding heart.

The "2020" Tokyo Olypmics. Disappointing, or outright offensive? Let's discuss.

We're not actually going to discuss this. I got up at 4 AM to watch the women play soccer, and I'm still not feeling my best.

Yesterday we had a delightful wine hour followed by a big family dinner. My wife made my favorite meal for dinner, and my favorite cake for dessert, and there was plenty for everyone. 

After we had a fire in the rather avant garde fire chimney that was installed next to the cabin this year and lit fireworks. It was one of the best birthdays I have ever had.

Distance: 3:45 miles
Duration: 31:03
Pace: 9:01
Route: Martin Point Run
Temperature: 79°
Climate: sunny & hot & perfect
Mood: surprisingly anxious

Why anxious? Well, Simone Biles. I provided my final notes for the video version of I Hate This. Had an uncomfortable conversation about the name of the Cleveland baseball team last night. Misgendering. And on and on and on.

But, that was a pwerful run. Up and down hills, chin up, I felt very strong. Light. That is something to be glad about. Who knows when the next dive into depression might occur.

What's That Lyric?
Shake Dog Shake - The Cure

No comments: