Saturday, July 17, 2021

You are not alone.

Sneaking a run between the rain drops. What a wet month.

"I'm just an ally but I love this music." - Jim McGuinn, The Current Program Director said this today on "Teenage Kicks." Just a  passing thought he had.

But are we? Allies, I mean? Because we love this music? And what is "this music"? It is a question I ask myself.

Anyway, it is Pride weekend in the Twin Cities. Great playlist. 

Teenage Kicks - Pride Edition on The Current
I Want to Break Free - Queen
Bring Me Some Water - Melissa Etheridge
Give Me One Reason - Tracy Chapman
Young Americans - Tina and the B-side Movement
True Colors - Cyndi Lauper
Uptown - Prince
Rock 'N' Roll Suicide - David Bowie

Distance: 3.1 miles
Duration: 31:00
Pace: 10:00
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 70°
Climate: rain!
Mood: gay
Weight: 174 lbs. (+2.0)

I have stopped logging my intake. And though a pound here or there is nothing to sweat, I need to keep up with this. We had a pre-supper cheeseboard last night, which was practically its own meal. Then I had a pair of brisket tacos, two drinks over the evening -- and just had to have a bowl of cereal before bed (I didn't). This was all after 5 PM.  

Intake
Breakfast: coffee (2x), banana, apple
Lunch: kale greens over rice, beer
Snack: rice cake w/sunbutter
Dinner: popcorn & beer (movie night!)

No comments: