Wednesday, July 07, 2021

Thank you for fine times.

Such a day, more different work in the past two days than I have done in some time. Preparing the rehearsal space, and editing residency materials. Researching and writing posts ... and dreaming. I took a brief, afternoon nap, only to wake to the sky darkening, and a storm rolling in. It was as though the day was over, but it was not. The storm came, I sat on the porch and took it in. It briefly passed, and I read for a while, my heart full of life. Of desire. Of ideas. I am troubled but I am amazed. I wonder. I have little idea what to do next, but I have a need. I wonder what will happen.

Distance: 4.25 miles
Duration: 40:21
Pace: 9:29
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 75°
Climate: overcast, stormy & humid
Mood: good
Weight: 174 lbs. (-1.0)

Liberty - Duran Duran (1990)
Violence of Summer (Love's Taking Over)
Liberty
Hothead
Serious
All Along the Water
My Antarctica
First Impressions
Read My Lips
Can You Deal with it

One for the ex-wife. This was DD's first album that entirely failed to land in popularity, at least in America. But it includes "Serious" which is one of my very favorite of theirs. We liked it, and we played it, a lot, during our first summer togther. We thought we were adults or something. Apparently, so did they.

Tuesday Intake
Breakfast: coffee (2x), min wheats w/milk & banana
Coffee break: latte
Lunch: wine gums (oof, big sugar day)
Dinner: carmelized cabbage w/spicy tomato & quinoa, beer (1x)
Also, fizzy water (2x)

Wednesday Intake
Breakfast: two eggs, seed toast w/butter & jam
Lunch: Coca-cola, apple
Dinner: coconut & greens over rice

No comments: