Saturday, July 31, 2021

2021 Friendship Day 5K

28th Annual Friendship Day 5K
Start: 7:50 AM
Official Time: 25:36:85
Place Overall: 11th
Place Mens 50 - 59: 2nd  

Is it the 28th annual when there was no race last year? Or did they actually hold a race last year and I didn't bother to find out? 

Anyway, this was my son's first timed 5K. I don't know who was pacing who, but he kept me moving, that is for sure. I was doing my best to keep pace up that hill, and he was just ahead of me.

As we rounded the last turn, at the three mile mark, I told him to let it rip, and he did: 25:28:46.

Elder sibling and I drive home tomorrow, in one day, on our own. The boy and the wife will remain for a time. I could stay, but my brothers are both leaving. And I have had a marvelous time with them. I think the transition would bring me down.

No comments: