Friday, June 21, 2024

Have you got enough gas?

Theater Camp is closed. I have been exposed to Covid. Also, there was an awful lot of movie theater popcorn available there. I don't know which is worse.

Day off from work, a reward for all of the work. Yesterday I sat down during the performance and realized that apart from that five minutes I spent eating two slices of pizza, I had been standing for the previous seven hours. Then I had to stand up two minutes later and didn't sit down again until I got into the van two hours after that.

Distance: 4 miles
Duration: 39:15
Pace: 9:48

Been listening to the Sweeping Up at Grebe's mix, from summer 1983. Have you ever had a Summer of 1983? Anyway Covid-Watch Day Two. Wish me luck.

Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 82°
Climate: sunny & hot
Mood: relieved
Stretches: yes
Water: yes

Sweeping Up at Grebe's Playlist
Little Red Corvette (Special Dance Mix) - Prince  the Revolution
King of Pain - The Police
Cool Places - Sparks ft. Jane Wiedlin
Don't Change - INXS
Pale Shelter (Long Version) - Tears for Fears
Lawyers In Love - Jackson Browne
Promised You a Miracle (US REMIX) - Simple Minds
Just Got Lucky - Jo Boxers

Hey. Are these "jo boxers"?

Upper body: 30 reps
Core Strength: TBA

Nice run. Beautiful, really. Hot, yes. Just as long as it should be, could have gassed out soon after. Slight pain in my left knee. There are always pains after, I try to mind the ones that happen during the run. Bandage that. Will wear shorts today. That school was so freaking air conditioned, I'm surprised I don't have a cold.

Yes, I know that's not how you get a cold.

Baseline: 185 lbs.
Weight: 174 lbs. (-1.0)
Goal: 170 lbs.

Popcorn does a body good.

Breakfast: coffee w/cream
Lunch: fried chicken pieces, eggplant dip w/pita, fizzy water
Dinner: big iced coffee, popcorn
Evening: beer
Solstice Burning: whiskey, smores (2)

No comments: