Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Your man in motion.

Running every other day seems to be working pretty well. The knees are not as sore. 

But my gosh, the camp is exhausting. I mean, it's a good time, we're doing good work with the kids. But I wake up at 5:30 and I just want to go back to sleep. I tried not napping after, to see if I could make it to bedtime so I could drop and have a proper sleep, but on Monday it was impossible, I had wanted to nod off all day. A twenty minute nap became an hour long nap and I was just delirious.

Still did some work on the deck, though. So I guess I'm muscling through.

Muscles!

Distance: 3.1 miles
Duration: 29:29
Pace: 9:30

Watched Andrew McCarthy's Brats documentary last night. Very happy that no one used the term Gen X, not even once.  

Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 73°
Climate: overcast & hot
Mood: positive
Stretches: yes
Water: yes

"Brats" Playlist
Just Like Heaven - The Cure
Old Time Rock & Roll - Bob Seger
Ride Into the Sun - Lou Reed
Back in the High Life Again - Steve Winwood
Love Will Tear Us Apart - Joy Division
St. Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion) - John Parr
Oh Yeah - Yello
Don't You (Forget About Me) - Simple Minds

Anthony Michael-Hall's people were like, "Keep our client's name out of your filthy mouth."

Upper body: 40 reps 
Core Strength:
   Plank: 60 sec.
   Sit-Ups: 10 

So, today I decided to change it up. Get up earlier and have a run. Maybe that will change my whole deal. At least for today.

Baseline: 185 lbs.
Weight:  175 lbs. (-0-)
Goal: 170 lbs.

Breakfast: coffee w/cream, toasted bagel w/lox, cream cheese, tomato, capers
Coffee Break: latte
Lunch: Mac & cheese
Treat: fruit snacks
Dinner: bagel w/sunbutter & applebutter, potato chips, beer

No comments: