Thursday, June 27, 2024

Thank you for holding me.

Oh, you can call it cotton candy,
I call it
spun sugar.
Oh, the knees. Also, big week for indulgence. Sunday not only featured a big breakfast of toad in the hole,  but also dogs and beer at the ballpark, concluding an overwhelming day at a new Korean hot pot spot where I think I did a decent job of moderation, but who can tell with such tiny bowls?

Last night we held our twenty-fifth anniversary party, where I was moderate but still, I grew accustomed to just grabbing whatever and putting it into my mouth. Also, I have gotten used to the afternoon nap. What if ... what if I ran, instead?

The party signaled the end of our anniversary celebrations. The crossing, the big dinner on Monday (that was a delightful surprise) the party. It is time to relax, to write, and to run.

Hey, that's a good title for a book.

Distance: 3.1 miles
Duration: 30:12
Pace: 9:44

Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 70°
Climate: sunny & warm
Mood: all right
Stretches: yes
Water: yes

Baseline: 185 lbs.
Weight: 175 lbs. (+2.0)
Goal: 170 lbs.

Breakfast: coffee w/cream, fresh fruit w/granola & yogurt
Lunch: smoothie bowl w/fresh fruit, choc & pb granola w/honey
Happy Hour: Strawberry Wheat GLBCo., dolmathes (2)
Dinner: veggie stir fry 
Porch Time: old fashioned, dolmathes, chips & salsa

What's That Lyric?
Thank You For Hearing Me - Sinead O'Conoor

No comments: