Friday, June 14, 2024

You want to make a Yaz record.

Vince Clarke did not invent electronic dance music, but he perfected it. Tell me what EDM is not influenced directly by early Depeche Mode, Yaz or Erasure.

"i'Ll wAiT ..."

No, I did not have this records forty-two years ago when it was released, and I was only tangentially aware of it during my high school years. Like a lot of pop that I saw on MTV or heard on WCSB, I didn't get into the albums until college.

That's why Butthead calls it "college music."

Distance: 3.1 miles
Duration: 28:56
Pace: 9:20

Upbeat! Kept me moving, in spite of slight pains in my ankle and my shin. And the heat. But I do prefer the heat, I really, really do.

Upstairs at Eric's - Yazoo (1982)
Don't Go
Too Pieces
Bad Connection
Midnight
Only You
Goodbye Seventies
Situation
Bring Your Love Down (Didn't I)  

Recommended albums for running.

Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 67°
Climate: sunny & hot
Mood: good
Stretches: yes
Water: yes

Upper body: 60 reps.

Baseline: 185 lbs.
Weight: 174 lbs. (-1.0)
Goal: 170 lbs.

Breakfast: coffee w/cream, few nuts, bite of apple, smoothie bowl w/fresh fruit, choc PB granola & Nutella 
Lunch: ramen w/carrot
Cocktail Hour: gin & tonic
Dinner: greens & beans over quinoa, white wine

No comments: