Tuesday, June 04, 2024

Tonight the streets are ours.

"As you are now, I once was
As I am now, you will be."
And we're back. I did run on our epic journey across the sea, and several times. I will retroactively log those, one at a time, over the next few days. No need to rush. There is so much to do right now, and I want to enjoy it all.

I actually had a bit of an emotional breakdown, partway through the crossing. I kept my head up, and talked it through with my wife, and things went much better as the days progressed. Running is also part of what keeps me sane, and so we continue.

Oof, just writing this I had a disorientation. Still don't have my sea legs. After eight days on a ship we spent four more on a canal boat. I have been sleeping on water for the better part of two weeks. It does feel good to be home. 

Distance: 3.1 miles
Duration: 28:59
Pace: 9:21

Standing at the Sky's Edge (Original Live Cast Recording, 2023)
At The Dawn Breaks
Time Is
Naked In Pitsmoor
I'm Looking For Someone to Find Me
Tonight the Streets Are Ours
Open Up Your Door
My Little Treasure
Coles Corner

Route: Home
Temperature: 67°
Climate: clear skies & warm
Mood: happy
Stretches: yes
Water: yes

Core Strength: 
   Planks: 2 minutes

Breakfast: coffee w/cream, Pop Tarts
Coffee Break: coffee w/cream, "munchkins" (7)
Lunch: buffalo chicken salad wrap, chips
Treat: wine gums (11)
Happy Hour: Dortmunder
Dinner: salmon, broccoli, potatoes, pink wine

Baseline: 185 lbs.
Weight: 175 lbs. (-1.0)
New Goal: 170 lbs.

Holy shit, I did it. I went on a fucking cruise and didn't gain an ounce.

No comments: