Sunday, June 16, 2024

My mother, God rest her soul.


Woke late, almost nine o'clock. I was expecting to be woken up and served for Father's Day, but the wife is ill so I rolled out to pick up last minute breakfast things and wash some dishes. But the boy prepared my bagel and I get to sit on the porch and relax and enjoy a beautiful morning.

There's work to be done, preparing for camp for the week, but not too much work. God, I was so wrecked by Thursday ... for many years, camp ended with our leaving for North Carolina, and I am grateful that is not the case this season. I will miss the place (we didn't go last year, either) but I just want to hang around and work, for goodness sake.

Distance: 4 miles
Duration: 38:34
Pace: 9:38

Summer Throwbacks
Hot In Herre - Nelly
Fly - Sugar Ray
Mambo No.5 (a Little Bit of...) - Lou Bega
Everybody Lives the Sunshine * - Roy Ayers Ubiquity
Get Lucky - Daft Punk ft. Pharrell & Nile Rogers
Can't Get You Out of My Head - Kylie Minogue
Livin' la Vida Loca - Ricky Martin
Move Your Feet - Junior Senior
Summer in the City  - The Lovin' Spoonful
Mas Que Nada - Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66
Here Comes the Hotstepper - iNi Kamoze

Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 85°
Climate: sunny & hot
Mood: anxious
Stretches: yes
Water: yes

Upper body: 
Core Strength: 

Breakfast: everything bagel heavy with lox, tomato, red onion, capers & cream cheese, coffee w/cream
Lunch: tortilla chips, beer
Dinner: steak, potatoes, asparagus, mule, red wine

No comments: