Wednesday, June 05, 2024

Run, boy. Run.

Tender skull this morning. Surprised to get through a twelve day excursion without head pain (especially the run turn flight) and yet here I am, feeling woozy and unwell. There's a lot on my mind. It didn't take much to interfere with the good feelings I rose with yesterday. 

Distance: 3 miles
Duration: 34:17
Pace: 11:26

Well, I did it. I read somewhere, at some time, this guy said he pushed through a migraine by running until it went away. I tried doing this myself, once, with disastrous results, but today, though it was hard, was somewhat successful. Sweaty and sick-feeling, I mostly ran, walked for about five minutes in the middle, and by the time I was through my head pain had subsided.

I washed, crawled back into bed, and lay there, half awake, for an hour or so. I hope the day improves as it goes along. 

Standing at the Sky's Edge (Original Live Cast Recording, 2023)
There's a Storm A-Comin'
Standing at the Sky's Edge
Our Darkness
Midnight Train
For Your Lover Give Some Time 
There's a Storm A-Comin' (Reprise)
After the Rain
Don't Get Hung Up In Your Soul

Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 67°
Climate: overcast, very light rain
Mood: determined
Stretches: yes
Water: yes

Core Strength: 
   Plank: 90 sec. (2x)

Breakfast: coffee w/cream, fresh fruit w/granola & yogurt
Coffee Break: coffee w/cream
Lunch: buffalo chicken salad wrap, chips, Coke
Happy Hour: fizzy water, Edmund Fitzgerald
Dinner: chicken red sauce over rigatoni, peas

No comments: