Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Beware of the dork

Distance: 3.25 miles
Time: 3.30 pm
Stretches: yes
Sit-ups: yes
Drink: Gatorade All Stars
Weight: 168.5 lbs.
Weather: 16º with a thick coat of snow

2006 Playlist - or - The Playlist I Am Totally Gay For!
My Love - Justin Timberlake
New Smokes - Project Runway
Prodigal - Project Runway
Beware of the Dog - Jamelia
SOS - Rihanna
Tracking Treasure Down - Gabriel & Dresden
Call On Me - Eric Prydz vs Retarded Funk Mix

Intake
Breakfast: coffee, juice, cinnamon bun (1), banilla yogurt (small portion), strawberries (5)
Lunch: slice of pizza, broccoli
Treat: 1 inch of chocolate covered pretzel
Tea party: spot of tea, cookie (1)
Rehearsal: coffee, goldfish crackers (6)
Dinner: pork, pineapple, peppers & rice dish, celery, rose
(Apologies if the daily intake appears compulsive, I am trying to avoid snacking at all costs.)

Well, that shoots one lame excuse out the water. "No, I can't possibly run today, there was a blizzard last night that dumped three feet of snow on my neighborhood and the cold will rip my face off!" Nope, can't say that one with a straight face again.

You know, every time I run I come up with a story that I entirely forget once I have to blog the run. Today I got one. The neighbor I have known longest, Miz J., just told me she may be moving. This is a real shame. I've always like Miz J., she's been like a one-woman community watch, she knows everyone's business and it really ties the street together. I don't mean like dirt, I mean she knows who everyone is, what they do, who is well, who isn't, just neighborly stuff.

Actually, I didn't always like her. She breaks up my run. Back in the spring of 94, shortly after I moved here, I was running the neighborhood, and since I didn't know the area very well I did a lot of passes by my house. It would be early, and inevitably I'd run into her and her little dog T. Rex. She'd ask me a question as I ran ast, and there was nothing for it but to stop or be rude. Even when I was wearing earphones (oh, those floppy earphones, hooked to a Sony Walkman cassette player the size of a brick in my hand - GOD I love my iPod) she'd flag me down to tell me something.

I'll miss that. I really will.

No comments: