Monday, February 12, 2007

It's a lot like life

Distance: 3.25 miles
Time: 8.30pm
Stretches: yes
Sit-ups: yes
Drink: Gatorade All Stars
Weight: 168 lbs.
Weather: 28º with slick snow cover (but so warm!)

1984 Playlist
Master and Servant (Slavery Whip Mix) - Depeche Mode
Handsome Devil - The Smiths
La Colegiala - Gary Lowe
Fascination - Everything But the Girl
Go - Tones on Tail
Cue Fanfare - Prefab Sprout
Cooldown(?): Give Me It - The Cure

Ah, the sweet, sweet songs that cloud your eyes. If only I was cool enough in high school to have been listening to any of those tunes.

Intake
Breakfast: coffee, fruit leather, granola bar (forgot to bring anything to doctor's appt., scavenged for kid's snacks in the car)
Lunch: sunbutter & fruit spread sandwich on whole wheat bread, banana
Dinner: coffee, mac & cheese & peas, fried fish filet with homespun tartar sauce
Nightcap: Vodka Tonic with lemon

"There's more to life than books, you know ... but not much more."

NY Marathon Photos
Gothamist
EMIN
flickr photo pool

A slickery night out, making sure the cars see me, making sure I don't wipe out on a patch of newly fallen snow. But after the last several runs, it was downright balmy. There is supposed to be a big dump of snow tonight, so I am not sure when I can hit the roads again, I hope it isn't long. This has been great.

"Fascination makes us ask for more than we'd like to know."

Rehearsals begin tomorrow, a new project. I think I have crawled out of my hole. Let the New Year, finally, begin.

No comments: