Thursday, February 08, 2007

Did you know you had this power?

Distance: 3.25 miles
Time: 3.15pm
Stretches: yes
Drink: Gatorade
Weight: 171 lbs.
Weather: 19º frigid & sunny

1983 Playlist
Blue Monday - New Order
One Thing Leads To Another - The Fixx
Catapult - R.E.M.
A Ray Of Sunshine - Wham!
Beating Of Hearts - XTC
Gone Daddy Gone - Violent Femmes
Is There Something I Should Know? - Duran Duran

Intake
Breakfast: coffee, PowerBar, water
Lunch: yogurt, small portion spaghetti, Coke

I'm not on a diet. I just can't eat. Can't eat, can't sleep.

UPDATE: Deep, midwinter malaise. When I get capital-D depressed, there's only two things to do - exercise and not eat. Since my last entry I did, in fcat, share a brownie with my boy with a glass of milk, and for dinner we had baked potatoes with cheese and broccoli. Everyone else in the house is ill, the wife and I looked up a great toddy recipe.

It's cold, bitter cold. I did my best the stretch before resuming my workout on Tuesday, and the first thing that happened was the shin splints returned. Crap. But this time I knew how to deal with them, the braces I have are extremely successful at bringing down the pain and making it possible to run through them. Wore them all day yesterday, through the run and after. I even slept with them on, though I am not wearing them now and feel much better than I did on Wednesday.

Prior to this week running would have been impossible, because though it is so cold, the roads are clear - no snow for several days, or at least nothing that sticks. I have to stay in the streets because no one in this city shovels their sidewalk and by now it's all turned to compact ice. Neat.

Fortunately, the lake has frozen, and so the skies are bright and clear instead of that dull gray you get here which makes you want to curl up and die.

No comments: