Friday, February 16, 2007

How much do you commit yourself?

Nation's Joggers Sick of Finding Dead Bodies
- The Onion, February 12, 2007
CHICAGO—Citing the sobering statistic that over 10,000 of the 12,800 slayings in the United States in 2006 were reported by joggers, a national coalition of fitness enthusiasts called upon government officials Tuesday ... (more)

Distance: 3.25 miles
Time: 10.30 am
Stretches: yes
Sit-ups: yes
Drink: Gatorade All Stars
Weight: 169.5 lbs.
Weather: 12º (but with the wind chill it's a balmy 65 and sunny!)

2003 Playlist
The District Sleeps Alone Tonight - The Postal Service
Slow (Chemical Brothers Remix) - Kylie Minogue
You're So Damn Hot - OK Go
The Way You Move - Outkast
Extraordinary - Liz Phair
There There (The Boney King of Nowhere) - Radiohead
It's My Life - No Doubt
Solsbury Hill (12" version) - Erasure

Intake
Breakfast: coffee, oatmeal with raisins, mile & brown sugar, mango, V-8, vitamin
Snacks: PowerBar Triple Threat, coffee, banana
Lunch: Leftovers! A little chicken curry, sweet potatoes, pasta salad & bread
Dinner: broccoli rizzo with pita, french fries, coffee
Nightcap: Manhattan

My moustache froze.

Dear, dear me. Here I am, turning onto Euclid Hts. Blvd., blissing out to the once-upon-a-time-was-edgy, rock-chick stylings of Liz Phair, when who should flag me down but my neighbor, Mz. J, driving by in her subcompact. After slowing to almost a walk and extricating my earphones from my odd-neck-thing, she asks if I need a ride.

Woke before dawn with a headache, took ibiprofen and a glass of water and went back to sleep. Still nagging pain in my head when I got up, making me feel queasy, though going for a run has entirely eliminated it. Love it when things work out that way.

UPDATE: Oh my God! Rehearsal tonight was a funky puppet dance rehearsal - my shins were screaming! I can't tell wether it was a good thing or a bad thing I went running today. I have been going much fast, I think, just to get the f*ck home. Thank you, Tylenol 8 Hour!

No comments: