Saturday, February 24, 2007

The engine's thumpin' like a disco

Distance: 3.25 miles
Time: 9.30 pm
Stretches: yes
Sit-ups: yes
Drink: Gatorade All Stars
Weight: 169.5 lbs.
Weather: 23º

1981 Playlist
Tainted Love - Soft Cell
Hungry For You (J'aurais Toujours Faim De Toi) - The Police
Primary* - The Cure
Bad Reputation - Joan Jett
Radio Free Europe (Original Hib-Tone Single)* - R.E.M.
Talk To Ya Later* - The Tubes
Sausalito Summernight - Diesel
Working for the Weekend - Loverboy

"Everybody needs a second chance."

Okay, screw counting calories, I'm back to eating whatever I want.

Last season, as part of the repertory company, I had to wear boots. Killer cowboy boots - not killer as in 'cool' or anything, they killed. I was still nursing a hairline fracture in my right heel, and these boots were murder. They slayed me. At the end of rehearsal, I was dead. Literally.

Okay, not literally. What I'm saying is they made my feet hurt. This season I have some lovely thigh-high numbers. And we are doing some ridiculous choreography which requires me to bend my ankles in all kinds of wacky, nutty, splinteringly painful positions. You should see it.

So today we staged a large part of the aforementioned dance, in those boots. I thought of blowing off a run tonight, it was getting late, but I didn't think I'd get the chance tomorrow - though I am happy to say I will not have rehearsal tomorrow, nor Monday, and so my shins will get a bit of rest.

Until I go running on Monday.

No comments: