Saturday, July 08, 2006

New Shoes

Week-end Total: 15 miles

Distance: 8 miles
Weight: 167 lbs.
Stretches: yes
Water: yes
Weather: cool & clear
Time: 6am

Playlist:
Drive: N*ke+ Original Run - The Crystal Method

Took nearly an hour and a half to go 8 miles. I was seriously taking it easy, breaking in new shoes, being very kind to my shins and feet. I found some shin splint exercises online (I will get that link up soon) which may or may not have already had an effect. But they don't hurt today, at all. Other things hurt.

My new shoes, ASICS Duomax Gels (my old favorites were Asics, but they were very old, indeed) I got slightly larger than usual. My feet are always cramped in my shoes, my left foot is slightly larger than my right. Yet I am concerned about whether or not this was the right decision. God, finding the right shoes is a struggle.

UPDATE: When I was in Vermont, taking care of the kids, I found that I wasn't drinking nearly enough water. There are times like that, when I don't feel thirsty, and drinking seems like a chore. Since I have returned home I have been very aware of my thirst level, and have been working very hard to make sure I have some water near me at all times.

No comments: