Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Ritualized

What Might Pengo See At The Fringe?

HAMLET
The South Wing
Writer: William Shakespeare
Director: Kameron Steele
Murder, ghosts, revenge, madness and inner conflict - the Bard's masterwork presented in a bare-bones, all-female production. The South Wing brings a powerful physical style and a company of fierce actresses to this dramatic, sexually charged play.
1h 40m Local Brooklyn NY Drama Multi-Media

An hour-forty HAMLET? I could learn something from that.

Listening to: PODRUNNER Classic - Funkenwalken (132 BPM)

Distance: 3.25 miles
Temperature: 69º
Weather: warm
Weight: 155.5 lbs. (stop cleaning the kids' plates.)

Running has settled for me, settled into pleasing ritual. Gone are the harsh, cold days of winter. Gone, too, for the moment, are the knee pains which were troubling me. Proper strengthening exercises? Good to be responsible. Also, gone are any goals. I am not in training. I am not trying to complete some ultimately meaningless list of songs. I just run 5K, every other day, because it keeps me fit. I breathe well. I am not in pain. I have energy. There are no aches. It calms my nerves. I eases my mind. I have a tight ass.

I must stop reading Murakami.

No comments: