Thursday, June 25, 2009

Placebo

Take Two

73º at dawn is a lot different than 71º at night after a rainstorm. Much more pleasant, and without the potatoes.

Listening to: PODRUNNER Classic - Pacemaker (165 BPM)

The neighbors have a new puppy. It whines 24/7. So it's like we have a puppy now.

Distance: 3.25 miles
Temperature: 71º
Weather: cool & humid
Weight: 154 lbs.

Finishing off a year-old bottle of glucosamine. It was gifted me around this time last year, some friends gave it to me at an Oh-Lordy-Pengo's-Forty kind of affair. It was meant as a joke - all the jokes that night were about my being, you know, terribly, horribly old.

Except I had just received the probable diagnose of a torn meniscus. I was not in a humorous mood. My knee hurt ... and maybe this miracle, cartilage restoring elixir was a few years too late. I took most of it then. It was too late. I put it in the fridge. I have been hitting it recently, and now I need to decide whether to purchase any more.

Kelly swears by it. I don't know if that is an endorsement or not.

1 comment:

pengo said...

Strange ... must comment on my own post. That last run was entirely bizarre, like some kind of fever dream. Must have been the humidity, the tequila, I don't know. The 165 bpms kept me running FAST, too fast. Never let up, though - except around the bend onto Euc Hts Blvd, where I choked on drymouth. Walked and swallowed hard, and then kept going. Felt insane, otherworldly. Hadn't realized how late it was, still, had to clean up a little, rinse off, crawl into bed - and then my dreams were awful. They all had to do with my knee blowing out, I was sure of it.