Friday, June 19, 2009

What's for breakfast?

What Might Pengo See at the Fringe?



Muffin Man
The Silly Jazz Company
Writer: Camille Harris
Director: Camille Harris
A whimsical musical about a barista in love with the Muffin Man. Goofy customers, over-enthusiastic parents and best friends are all in a days work for Lyla. Can she tell the Muffin Man how she feels?
1h 0m Local Manhattan, NY FringeHIGH Musical
Staycation: Ride the Rollercoaster of Love

Lady's got a video! I want to know if it is a solo show or if the fuzzy guy also sings.

Listening to: PODRUNNER Classic - Surfing the Avalanche (170 BPM)

Daddy has to run fast!

Distance: 3.25 miles
Temperature: 63º
Weather: cool & overcast
Weight: 154.5 lbs.

The Neighborhood

Two things get me out of the house, kids and running. Even when I ran this neighborhood over ten years ago, I didn't get the layout of the streets. I mean, they are insane. It's part of the reason West Siders are terrified to come over here - we have non-white people and you can get seriously lost. I would follow the twist and turns of my own neighborhood streets, and hope I eventually made it to a major thoroughfare where I could (possibly) find my way back. I had a lot of time to waste then.

It wasn't just marathon training, which kept me on the road longer and made me need to be creative about where I went (lest I go bored) but modern mapping programs which I consulted regularly. You look at a map long enough, hey, you know where you are and where you are going.

And the kids got me to get to know my neighbors, and also care about the state of the neighborhood. On a morning like this, I can freely look at the houses without feeling creepy about it. Who is moving out (a lot of those) who is moving in (not so much) what state certain abandoned houses are in (match that one, please, you know the one) and what everyone eats for breakfast.

The professional, childless, Gen-Why people in the rental two doors down sure do eat a lot of cereal. Someone pitched a tiny, 80s-era color television (oops.) And I someone seriously needs to cut their grass.

That would be me.

No comments: