Tuesday, January 19, 2010

And it was still hot.



What a day. It started groggily, as a weekend of being the "on" parent (the wife, having taken ill with the flu late Saturday evening) staying up past midnight every night to hold down the fort meant that the three-day weekend really didn't add up to much relaxation.

It progressed angrily, and then pathetically as I mentally gave myself a major muscle pull in my back, between the shoulder blades.

The day limped on miserably, as I felt like even the basic work-related project took about five times longer than expected.

Then it went quite dreamily (as in dream-like, not as in Patrick Dempsey-ish) as I said f.u. to my family and headed off to my foot reflexologist and massage therapist Rachelle, who I have not seen since my feet were a mess (hey, and check out Rachelle's new website) who did amazing things to my physical and mental self. This was followed by an awesome run, and the reading of a truly bizarre chapter of Mary Poppins to the children.

Now I am baking cookies.

2004 Playlist
Wake Up - Arcade Fire
Beware - Punjabi ft. Jay-Z
Call On Me - Eric Prydz
One of These Things First - Nick Drake
She's a Rebel (159 bpm) - Green Day
Hounds of Love (168 bpm) - The Futureheads
Ohh La La - The Ditty Bops

When I can no longer run 3.30 at 168 bpm, then I will truly feel old.

Distance: 3.15 miles
Temperature: 33º
Weather: cold
Road conditions: crunchy
Weight: 161.5 lbs.

LATER: F*cked up the cookies. *Sigh*

No comments: