Thursday, January 07, 2010

When you're dead you don't take nothing with you but your soul



That was like a f*cking video game. There's this winter storm advisory going on, right? And it's been snowing and the traffic was ridiculous coming home and all I can think is - get these kids in bed, I am running in powdery snow. I'm geared for it.

The wife is worried, I am going to hurt my knees or something, I promised to stop if I was in any kind of soreness, but I planned to keep to the home route, a two-mile course going up and down the streets in my neighborhood, no distance, no big loop just weaving up and down these side streets. I can be in the street that way, head up, ears clear, ready for anything.

But the snowplows. I hit it just right, and those monsters (which I thought our city wasn't paying for, not for the side streets, not anymore) were going around each street - twice - and just when I was on them. So I was bounding through deep, unshoveled sidewalk snow and getting hit with the stuff these trucks were blowing in the air.

Crazy. I feel awesome, however. I had a nasty headache earlier ... due to lack of sleep, I think. And eyestrain.

I'm going to bed now.

1969 Playlist
The Ballad of John and Yoko - The Beatles
Suspicious Minds - Elvis Presley
One - Three Dog Night
Undun - The Guess Who
You Can't Always Get What You Want - The Rolling Stones

How the hell did I put together a set from 1969 with no repeats from last year?

Distance: 2 miles
Temperature: 25º
Weather: snowy
Weight: 162.5 lbs.

No comments: