Sunday, January 17, 2010

I just sit back and watch you make a fool of yourself



Yep. That's me.

Running two miles in shorts! In near freezing temps! No, bad, bad, bad idea! Already my left knee, which has been giving me some grief in the past week, is aching. Exposure to the cold has such a profound effect on my muscles, it always has, reaching back as far as college.

During the winter of 1992 I actually used a cane to get around for a week or so. This was when I was 23 years old, which meant, of course, that going to a doctor and getting advice was out of the question.

Tomorrow - a day off. From running, from work, from everything but home and family. And of course, Dr. King.

1992 Playlist
The Statue Got Me High - They Might Be Giants
Humpin' Around - Bobby Brown
My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It) - En Vogue
The World's Green Laughter - The B-52's

Distance: 2 miles
Temperature: 33º
Weather: cold
Road conditions: wet
Weight: 162.5 lbs.

No comments: