Tuesday, June 04, 2013

All the Shakespearoes.

Tomorrow is National Running Day.

Theater Talk.

The past several days have been astonishing. So many have contributed to our campaign to Get DOUBLE HEART to FringeNYC, before we began I was troubled that maybe we had set the bar too high. But there are many friends and supports who believe in this work -- and even complete strangers who came across the campaign on the Kickstarter website, and thought it was worth promoting. It is truly a new world.

We have achieved over 60% of our goal in just four days, which is definitely reassuring. But we must make it to our goal -- and then some if we are to cover all of our costs. I know there are going to be some cost overruns, I can even pinpoint where some of them may be, though I am loathe to mention them.


This is Annie, one of our company members. She says why this show is awesome and why you should support it much better than I do. Get it there.

Temperature: 63°
Climate: cool
Distance: 3.25 miles

Running Talk.

You know that thing some runners do at the intersection, where they run in place waiting for the light to change? I just remembered that I used to do that. That was way back when running was hard, I thought standing still would make my muscles seize up, or stiffen. And maybe they would have, but it sure felt awkward doing that bopping up and down in place thing.

More than stiffening up, I knew starting again would be difficult. It was hard enough to begin at the start, stopping even for a few seconds would mean ramping up again. This was when I was fat, this was when I smoked.

Now, I take a stoplight as a break. I come to stillness. I breathe. My skin cools. I rest. I relax. When the light changes, I happily spring back into action.

Happy National Running Day tomorrow, everyone. Run!

Tears of a Clown Playlist
The Whole of the Moon - The Waterboys
No More Heroes - The Stanglers
Lost In The Supermarket - The Clash
Destroyer - The Kinks
Rudie Can't Fail - The Clash
Bitch - The Rolling Stones
Holidays In The Sun - Sex Pistols
Beat On The Brat - The Ramones

1 comment:

Run away from Trouble said...

My belief is that stoplights communicate that the Universe wants you to rest. So I do. Who am I to argue with the Universe?