Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Sit yourself down, friend.

Oh, fun.

Before: Since Sunday, I have been struck with stiffness in my neck, pain in my abdomen, soreness in my eyes and across my brow, and a general sense of lethargy and tiredness. I cannot tell if it is the weather, lack of sleep, anxiety over my responsibilities, or what. I have not run in, oh, two days, but it feels much longer.

I do not wish to run right now, but as the wife missed an episode of Drinking With Ladies so that I could, I feel obligated.

Temperature: 70°
Climate: humid
Distance: 3.25 miles

After Yes. That was mental. Just ... mental. On the road ten seconds, I felt more alive, and like myself. Thoughts connect ... my eyes still hurt, but my stomach has calmed. Tomorrow makes more sense. Running does its job.

2013 Summer Begins Playlist
Blurred Lines - Robin Thicke ft. T.I. & Pharrell
Chocolate - The 1975
Get Lucky - Daft Punk ft. Pharrell
Come & Get It (160 bpm) - Selena Gomez
My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark - Fall Out Boy
Grace For Saints & Ramblers - Iron & Wine
We Hate It When You Get What You Want - Filter

Good Lord. Iron and Wine wrote something that doesn't induce drowsiness.

No comments: