Sunday, June 23, 2013

Change our pace of life.

Hanging out in the world of Ezra Jack Keats.

Brief sojourn to Athens, to drop the children off at their grandparents and leave them there.

Yesterday I rose with sinuses packed and a nasty headache which lingered for the entire day, which was a shame because otherwise the days was very nice, even the four hour drive.

We broke up the ride with a stop in Akron to catch the Ezra Jack Keats exhibit (closes June 30!) and the wife had gotten sandwiches from Barle so we didn't need to pull over for lunch.

The worst part of the day was discovering the reason that one of our neighborhood streets was blocked off as we were departing was because of a homicide. I am still processing that fact. A man had murdered his grandmother, allegedly, which is how so many of these stories play out. It is commonly someone you know.

Temperature: 65° → 75°
Climate: hot, bright, humid, outstanding!
Distance: 4.25 miles

Gorgeous run by the Hocking. I have been invited to many runs and races in the past several months, none of which seemed "do-able" at the time. Thinking of the Bay Village 5 Mile because it was my first race and so that is fun in a symbolic "look at me now" kind of way. Whatever event I eventually choose will be the first I have tried in zero drop shoes.

Today I ran 4.25 miles without breaking a proverbial sweat, though there was a lot of literal sweat. A flat, five-mile race with zero shade and seriously boring suburban architecture sounds like no sweat at all.

Left To My Own Devices Playlist (dedicated to Zac)
Left To My Own Devices - Pet Shop Boys
Go West - Pet Shop Boys
Panic - The Smiths
Heart - Pet Shop Boys
Sunday Girl - Blondie
Are 'Freinds' Electric? - Gary Numan & Tubeway Army
Everything's Gone Green - New Order
The Living Daylights - a-Ha
Sweetest Perfection - Depeche Mode

No comments: