Saturday, June 15, 2013

One-half won't do.

This is me.

Since last Saturday night, my shoulders have ached, my neck has been sore. Not enough to debilitate, only to ... hurt. It only makes sense that it is psychosomatic, and yet, I do not know why. Things are good, at home, at work, in art, in all things. So why do I ache?

This evening we spend at my parents' in Lakewood, to take brunch at church with them, and then take my father to Talespinner tomorrow for a performance of The Emperor's Ears.

Temperature: 67°
Climate: cool and humid
Distance: 4.9 miles
Lakewood! My Lakewood!
Your mansions are so grand,
Your sidewalks worst in Greater Cleveland.
Nighttime run in Lakewood, the bunnies do not fear people the way they do in the Heights. A mottled cat, sprawled in the middle of the sidewalk, for me he could not be bothered. The midges had apparently retired for the evening.

It's My Life (Dub Mix) Playlist
It's My Life (Dub Mix) - Liquid People vs. Talk Talk
I Get Around - Dragonette
Temperamental - Everything But the Girl
Why Does the Wind? - Tracey Thorn
Love Can Damage Your Health - Telepopmusik
Me Plus One - Annie
Kelly Watch the Stars - AIR
Believe - The Chemical Brothers
Little Fluffy Clouds - The Orb

Get DOUBLE HEART to FringeNYC

2 comments:

Run away from Trouble said...

Have you tried foam-rolling? I took the plunge last night. We'll see if it works.

pengo said...

Some have suggested foam-rolling. I am not a dedicated stretcher or warm-up enthusiast. But I will look into that.