Sunday, March 23, 2014

Talk about moving.


Ran past a fat-breasted robin on Euclid Heights Blvd. with a worm dangling from its beak. Reals.

SOON ...

Temperature: 21°
Climate: Snow. Sure. Whatever.
Distance: 3.25 miles

Cold day, but bright. Some days it's just about the running, or the music. Today it was all thinking, turning over words I have been reading, or writing. People I plan to engage in conversation, and what I will ask them with the precious time allowed.

Longing for better weather, and longer runs. I want to reach the India pavilion on MLK, to commune with the Mahātmā. Today we slept in late, which was odd and refreshing. No writing this morning, just rest. And that is a good thing, too. But with warmer weather I will be inspired to earlier runs, and I look forward to those.

Time expands, thoughts churn and define themselves. Two weeks ago I thought I had no story. Now I have one. Soon I will have two, and then three. And then the great work will begin.

1980 Playlist
Pretty In Pink - The Psychedelic Furs
Take This Town - XTC
She's Lost Control - Joy Division
Funkytown (12" Version) - Lipps Inc.
Red Light - Linda Clifford
Games People Play - The Alan Parsons Project

Afternoon update:

Girl On The Run
Temperature: 23°
Running: 2.2 miles
Walking: 1 mile

When I got back from my run, I remembered I had promised the girl a run today. We headed out to the track, and I was impressed that she could run one mile without stopping, and then after a short water break, a second. We walked a mile, I gave tips, she filled me in on her partners in GOTR, and then a final lap to make a complete 3.2 miles.

The GOTR 5K is on May 18th, which is also the boy's ninth birthday.  She hopes to make the entire 3.1 mile course without stopping, and I assured her that at this rate that will not be a problem.

No comments: