Tuesday, March 11, 2014

We were liars in love.

Daddy says the Devil looks a lot like you.

Oh ... hello, 1986. Last night I held the first reading of a new play I wrote in the middle of my sleep earlier this year. The first scene takes place twenty-eight years ago, on the shores of Lake Michigan. Coble said he had nothing to say about it because he kept trying to remember who he was dating then.

One of our readers had car trouble, so I gave her a lift to and from the reading. I couldn't shut up about this stupid script. (Valerie, I am so sorry.) I had thought this play was about one thing, but in my stream of consciousness rant after the reading, I realized it was about a million things, many of them worse than I had previous remembered. (I am so very, very sorry.)

But it was a very successful reading. I want Corey sitting next to me every time I see a suspenseful movie, he is delightfully reactive.

Temperature: 42°
Distance: 4 miles
Weight: 172.5 lbs.

Storm's coming. See you on the other side.

1986 Playlist
Happy Hour - The Housemartins
And We Danced - Hooters
The Future's So Bright I Gotta Wear Shades - Timbuk 3
The Pleasure Principle - Janet Jackson
Breakout - Swing Out Sister
Bizarre Love Triangle - New Order
The Boy In The Bubble - Paul Simon
Crazy Mixed-Up Kid - The Smithereens
Sledgehammer - Peter Gabriel

Ensemble Theatre presents the World Premiere of "The Way I Danced With You," through April 7, 2019.

No comments: