Saturday, March 01, 2014

You should make your shoes.


The girl has joined a running club at school, Girls On The Run. Ominous nomenclature, and yet. Very glad she has expressed her own desire to do this, and for obvious reasons.

This morning she reminded me she needs new shoes before the club begins this week. We were waiting for the boy to get out of band practice, and there was a sporting goods store right next door, so why not? She wears a size six, and found a black pair of shoes that made her happy. I told her to wear them around the house today, so they aren't brand new her first day out.

Meanwhile, I checked out some shoes myself. My folks gave me a gift card for this store for Christmas, and I hadn't used it. I found a pair of cranberry zero drop shoes, these with a rugged tread, unlike the clown shoes which features a sole more like pads.

The guy said he didn't have any in my size -- according to him, zero drop shoes just don't sell. We are truly freaks. I came home and shopped online. Shoes, supporter, a new shirt, the entire order (free shipping) was under $100. This came as a pleasant surprise.

Temperature: 41°
Distance: 3.25 miles
Weight: 173 lbs.


Diane Van Deren is one of the best ultra-runners in the world, and it all started with a seizure.
In this short, Diane tells us how her disability gave rise to an extraordinary ability.
(Thanks for this, Sara B.)

2001 Playlist
19-2000 (Soulchild Remix) - Gorillaz
Voyager - Daft Punk
Packt Like Sardines In A Crushd Tin Mox - Radiohead
Samba Da Benção (4 Hero Mix) - Bebel Gilberto
Pop Muzik - eX-Girl
Traveller (Kid Loco's Once Upon a Time in the East Mix) - Talvin Singh
By Your Side (Ben Watt Remix) - Sade

My playlist slaps your grandma.

No comments: