Sunday, March 09, 2014

With our children at our feet.


The girl asked to run at the track, the middle school track, soon to be her middle school track. The last time we had attempted this, she might run one lap and then want to stop and breathe before continuing. Today we went four laps without stopping, or even talking much.

Unfortunately, we both thought that was a mile. It's not, it's a two-tenths track and so later I had to tell her we had only gone eight-tenths of a mile, and so I got the look.

Oh, well. Five laps next time, I know she will be up to it.

Girl On The Run
Temperature: 27°
Distance: .8 mile

Traditionally I would be going through post-tour depression, but there's just too much going on. Also, the ice is breaking, the snow is melting. Tomorrow I don't care if it is pissing down dumpsters, if the temperature is above fifty I am on the pavement in my new Batman shirt.

Solo Run
Temperature: 30°
Distance: 2 miles

1971 Playlist
Won't Get Fooled Again - The Who
10538 Overture - Electric Light Orchestra
Roundabout - Yes

No comments: